So, you’re new to a Body Corporate? Congratulations! Living in a Strata community is so rewarding and brings a real sense of community to your home.Strata living has many benefits. From the shared facilities, inner city locations, and more. For those who are new to a Body Corporate, we have put together some helpful information below. What is a Body Corporate? A Body Corporate is a legal entity created when land is subdivided and registered to establish a community title scheme. What is the purpose of a Body Corporate? A Body Corporate exists to manage the mutual interest of all owners as well as deal with any issues that may fall into these two categories.
- Physical property issues including gardens, common building structures and shared assets such as pools and spas.
- Issues related to people living together. When people live together concerns may arise regarding behaviour, noise, and parking, as well as many other matters where the actions of one particular occupier may impact other residents.
- attending your general meetings
- putting forward your point of view on any of the motions under consideration at that time
- being actively involved in the decision-making process by voting on the motions and returning your voting papers by the due date
- participating in committee election ballots
- reading the minutes of your meeting
- at a meeting of all owners (annual or extraordinary general meeting)
- at a meeting of the committee (which is elected by the Body Corporate at an annual general meeting)
Accessing your Strata documentsYour Body Corporate records and important information is available on a secure online portal and on the SSKB app. The system and app also allow lot owners to view meeting notices and minutes, agendas, and more. For more information about the SSKB app, please click here. If you would like to know more about SSKB, click here to contact the team today.