SSKB Take Five with Craig Whye, Evolution Apartments
Take Five: With Craig Whye, group general manager Flair Hotel Group (including Evolution Apartments)
- Location – Evolution Apartments – 18 Tank Street, Brisbane, QLD 4000
- Property Type – Serviced Apartments
- What is it that you love about this place – Location, standard of the building and variety of different people you meet.
- What would you say to people who are looking to move to a strata community – Strata living is great but you need to know exactly what you are moving into before you make the move.
Resident Unit Manager Profile – Craig Whye
- Tell us about your background. Why did you become a resident unit manager? – I had 10 years Hotel experience in Brisbane before moving into Serviced Apartments. I saw that in the Brisbane Market more and more apartments were being built and thought it would be a new experience and put me in good stead for my career.
- Give us an overview of a typical day for you – 8am – 5pm most days. As we are a mixed use property we have hotel guest, perm rentals & owners. No one day is the same.
- What are some of the challenges you face? – People Management
- What are some of the highlights of being a resident unit manager? – Building a community and environment that everyone enjoys and gets along.
- How important is a RUM’s relationship with the body corporate committee? – A working relationship with the Committee is vital to ensure a harmonious environment and ensuring that the building is always moving in a forward direction.
- How important is a RUM’s relationship with all the lot owners – Extremely important as they are the main part the RUMs business.
- How does a RUM work with a strata manager? – The Strata Manager is extremely important as they are the go to person for any issues that may need to be addressed in the building or if you require any advice or support
- What advice would you give to someone looking at becoming a resident unit manager? – Do your research into the building and community
Are you a building manager or a caretake who loves your community? We’d love to know and profile you and your community. Just leave us a message below or contact us via the web site.