Cladding Update - QLD - SSKB - Strata Managers | Community Experts

Cladding Update – QLD

Opal Towers - Class Action

The extended part 2 deadline has now passed. This means that all buildings that progressed to part 2 should have now completed the Building Industry Professional Statement and completed the Combustible Cladding Checklist (2).

What has happened so far?

The cladding regulation came into effect on 1st October 2018.

As you probably remember, part one required buildings to register using an online system and complete the Queensland Building and Construction checklist. The checklist was made up of 4 questions. Upon completion of the checklist, you would either be prompted to sign a declaration be finished with the cladding checklist, or progress to part 2.

Part 2 was put in place as an additional safeguard so that the government could be certain that all potential cases of combustible cladding were identified. This process involved proving an additional checklist and statement by a certified industry professional such as a building certifier, architect or engineer.  

What’s next?

Part 3a – The next deadline that is approaching is 31 October 2019.  This will require all buildings that are progressing to part 3 to engage a fire engineer and register the fire engineer’s details on the Combustible Cladding Checklist.

Part 3b will then need to be completed before the 3 May 2021.  This will require the fire engineer to complete a building fire safety risk assessment and statement.  These two documents will then need to be uploaded and the online checklist will then need to be filled out and completed.  

If you have any questions regarding part 3 of the cladding checklist contact your Community Manager.

Related post

What is the role of a building manager
What is the role of a Building Manager?
The 5 Sources of Life
The 5 Sources of Life
Executing Your Life Vision
Executing Your Life Vision

Recent Comments

1 Comment

Mark Thornthwaite On August 1, 2019 | Reply

The situation is not complicated!
Materials to be used on a building are to be SPECIFIED. This is usually done by an architect, or some professional person who draws up a SPECIFICATION. The specification details what materials are to be used with reference to the material data sheet, and the manufacturer’s recommendations, as well as installation instructions. The manufacturer also provides technical data, including among other things the flammability index, for the SPECIFIER to consider before recommending the material.
If the SPECIFIER is an architect who is independent then he/she is the responsible person.
If the SPECIFIER is an architect who is employed by a developmental company then the architect could be jointly responsible together with the company. Individuals can be sued as well as their employers.
It is NOT necessarily the developer or the builder who would be responsible in this case.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.